Sunday, 2 February 2014

Laura Mercier Lip Glacé

Today I got my grubby little mitts on a Laura Mercier Lip Glacé Mini in the shade Babydoll. This is my first ever Laura Mercier product, and I finally feel I am beginning to throw off my drugstore-makeup shackles and am branching out into higher end products. It feels good. It feels fancy.




This is a 'mini' version of the full sized product, but even so it is a generously sized lipgloss, perfect for your handbag. The packaging is sleek, simple and sophisticated, and it comes with a traditional doe-foot applicator (my preferred method of lipgloss application).


The shade Babydoll is a lovely light rose pink with a hint of shimmer. I am just beginning to try out pink shades, as I am so used to wearing deep reds and mauves, and I feel like pink shades can make me look a little washed-out, but this shade has a nice rosey depth to it which makes it very wearable.
Swatchy swatchy:


The formula is thick and creamy, but not at all sticky. It is very smooth and has just a little hint of glitter to it. Onto my face! First, let's see what we're working with here; my bare lips:

Aaargh the nudity!
And after application of Babydoll:


Shazam! This has a wonderfully smooth finish, and is very glossy. There is no stickiness at all, and it has a really pleasant scent to it. Most of the lipglosses I have tried have a very artificial, waxy smell, but this one had a sweet smell to it, which was lovely. The pigmentation is perfect for me, just enough to add colour and depth to the lips without being overdone. The shade is very flattering and subtle, definitely a 'my lips but better' product.

Overall I am very happy with my first Laura Mercier purchase. I would definitely consider grabbing some more of these glosses (once my current stash wanes a little bit!). They are rich, creamy and make me feel so fancy. I'm wearing Laura Mercier yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment